The US naturalization application form requires many different types of information. However, you must first know if you are eligible for naturalization. These are some basic guidelines:
- Must be 18 or older
- Have your green card
- Be a permanent resident in the US for at least 5 years (or 18 months if married to a US citizen)
- A resident of the state where you wish to be a resident for at least 3 months
- Able to take and pass the English test and citizenship test
- (For men) Have registered for the US Selective Service
You will also need certain documents for completion of the naturalization application form and process. Here is a list of these required materials.
- Any marriage certificates, proofs of annulment, divorce papers, and death certificates of spouses for you and your spouse (if any)
- Documentation of any travel outside of the US during the last 5 years
- Any current or expired passports
- Tax returns for the last 5 years (or 3, if married to a US citizen)
- Photocopies of your permanent resident card
- A state-issued ID
- Documentation of any arrest or detention
You must also have other types of information to complete the naturalization application form. You must know your current address and when you began living there, along with the addresses of any previous homes. You must provide a mailing address. You must know your parents’ names, countries of birth, and date(s) of birth. The form also requires information about where you received your education and where you have worked or currently work. It also requires the names of your children (if any), their birth dates, and the country where they were born.
The naturalization application form also contains many yes or no questions regarding your activities in the US that you should be able to answer using your personal knowledge. Finally, the naturalization form requires the information of the interpreter used to help you fill out the form (if any).
We Can Help
We understand that the naturalization application form may seem complicated, and we can help. If you want to begin this exciting process, please use our online questionnaire to better inform us about your personal situation. Alternatively, you can contact us with your questions, concerns, or simply to begin the naturalization process with one of our helpful employees. If you are worried about the English or citizenship tests, don’t worry. We will provide you will the resources you need.
We will guide you every step of the way, making the process simple and easy to complete. Ready to get started? Reach out to us today by clicking “contact us” at the top of the page or visit at Immigrationmade-ez.com.